Tuesday 24 May 2016

Pizza Rolls.



This is my spin on pizza in a cinnamon shaped bun, 

I'd highly suggest putting cheese inside and outside, but I'm just a bit in love with cheese. 

I made some pizza dough and hand stretched into a large rectangle. You are more than welcome to roll with a rolling pin. Make the dough about as thin as you'd make a homemade pizza dough, I know seriously vague, but I'm not giving a measurement that will be a lie.

I'll just post pictures and say, chop whatever you like into bite sized pieces. You can roll the items with the sauce in the bun or place on top with the cheese. It's not a science, it's a fun food. 

Once you have rolled it together you will take a fresh new piece of dental floss and  wrap around your dough roll and cut. I'd say you'll like the flavor more if you cut shorter than the height of a cinnamon bun but that's just because we are making pizza and you want maximum crispness and flavor with cheese and minimal crust, so do as I say and not as I did, cut them a tad thinner:) 

let them rise for 20 minutes after rolled and then:

Place in the oven at 350F for 15-20 mins until golden on the bottom crisped on the top and baked in the middle. I baked mine for 20 minutes and the bottoms were a little more than golden. 

Give this a try, if you need a pizza dough recipe, check my previous post on pizza. 

















No comments:

Post a Comment