Friday 26 February 2016

Butterscotch! Serious business:)


Tasty, delicious incredibly simple. Looking for that taste of Werthers Original or Skor, seriously that's the two things I immediately thought of when tasting this, I didn't have rum extract so I used vanilla, and I'm so glad I did, 
The recipe I halved is from taste of home and they deserve all the credit for this delightful treat.

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/butterscotch-hard-candy. 

(Halved amounts below) 

1/2 cup butter (and enough to butter a 9 by 13.)
1 1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup golden syrup
1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp of water
2 tbsp honey
1/4 tsp of salt
1/4 tsp of vanilla instead of rum extract,

Take the water, sugar, and syrup boil covered until it reaches 270F or soft crack. Do not stir during this stage.

Once it hits soft crack add the butter, honey and salt stir vigorously, don't get burned, until the mixture reaches hard crack or 300F keep stirring and add you flavoring, then pour into the prepared buttered dish, scor these into 1 inch squares as shown below. And then, be patient, unlike me. Wait for this to cool enough that you can break across the scored lines by hand, otherwise be impatient like me and whack with a butter knife and enjoy shards of candy everywhere. 

I hope you give this amazing treat a try:) 





No comments:

Post a Comment