Saturday 6 February 2016

Macarons:)

I finally took the plunge and tried making French macarons. Here is the recipe I used from allrecipes.com 

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/223234/macaron-french-macaroon/

When making these I whipped the meringue and used icing sugar instead of  plain sugar.

I ground the almonds fresh that morning in my vita-mix and sifted them twice.

Then I sifted the almond and icing sugar together before mixing in the whipped meringue. 

Once combined i piped the contents onto a cookie sheet. Slammed the pan against the counter about 4 times to remove air bubbles, let them sit 1 hour until the top was firm then baked for 10 minutes on 280F

Use your favorite icing. I used  creamcheese and powdered sugar with a hint of vanilla. 

I hope you give these a try.

Enjoy;) 


No comments:

Post a Comment